Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Social Story

Social stories are very helpful when teaching social kills, classroom rules, and other desired behaviors. Lately I have observed my pre-kinders saying "I'm not going to be your friend" if one of their classmates isn't doing something they want them to do, needless to say the child to whom this phrase is spoken usually ends up in tears.  I consider this to be bulling and a form of manipulation. In an attempt to keep a safe classroom (emotional and physical). I decided to create a social story about using kind and unkind words. The kiddos loved it and because I added pictures they are able to refer back to the "story" when necessary.  
Using kind words
Sorry my hand writing can be a bit messy but mission accomplished! 
Shonda Mc-Alston
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment